The SECURE Act 2.0 is shaking up the world of college savings and retirement planning.
FedLife Podcast (Ep. 92): From College to Retirement: How the SECURE Act 2.0 Can Help You Save Smarter
The SECURE Act 2.0 is shaking up the world of college savings and retirement planning. In this episode, Dan Sipe and Ed Zurndorfer explore the new rule that allows unused funds from a 529 college savings plan to be rolled over into a Roth IRA, tax and penalty-free, starting in 2024. Ed breaks down the details and highlights the benefits this new rule can offer to families and individuals. Listen in as Ed navigates the required minimum distributions (RMDs) for traditional and Roth IRAs. A key takeaway is that retired TSP participants may benefit from rolling over their Roth TSP accounts.
- The role of the SECURE Act 2.0 when it comes to college savings and retirement planning
- The key features of the rollover rule and how it works
- The potential benefits of rolling over unused 529 funds into a Roth IRA
- Required minimum distributions (RMDs) for traditional and Roth IRAs and how these distributions apply to a Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)
- How retired TSP participants may benefit from rolling over their Roth TSP account to a Roth IRA
- And more!
Like and Subscribe on YouTube at YouTube.com/FedLife
“Securities offered through Raymond James Financial Services, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC. Investment advisory services offered through Raymond James Financial Services Advisors, Inc. Lee, Sipe & Associates, Inc. is not a registered broker/dealer and is independent of Raymond James. Content represents the opinions of the speaker and not necessarily those of Raymond James. Important Disclosure Information: http://raymondjames.com/smicd.htm.