In this episode, Ed Zurndorfer details the critical components of estate planning while emphasizing the importance of having comprehensive estate plans.
FedLife Podcast (Ep. 93): Protect Your Legacy with Estate Planning
The pandemic proved that everyone should address their estate planning needs regardless of age or stage of life. However, despite a surge in estate planning over the last few years, it is estimated that between 50 and 60 percent of Americans still need to complete a will.
In this episode, Ed Zurndorfer details the critical components of estate planning while emphasizing the importance of having comprehensive estate plans. Ed also reveals everything you need to know about holographic wills and medical powers of attorney. Listen in and learn how these documents play a crucial role in ensuring wishes are honored, assets are protected, and stress is reduced.
- Ways the pandemic raised estate planning awareness
- The importance of having an estate plan, including wills, living wills, powers of attorney, beneficiary designations, guardianship of minor children, and final arrangements
- The ins and outs of holographic wills and some of their pros and cons
- The advance health care directives and how it provides instructions and wishes in the event of a terminal illness
- What you should know about the medical powers of attorney and their role in estate planning
- Why avoid the probate process when estate planning
- And more!
Like and Subscribe on YouTube at YouTube.com/FedLife
“Securities offered through Raymond James Financial Services, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC. Investment advisory services offered through Raymond James Financial Services Advisors, Inc. Lee, Sipe & Associates, Inc. is not a registered broker/dealer and is independent of Raymond James. Content represents the opinions of the speaker and not necessarily those of Raymond James. Important Disclosure Information: http://raymondjames.com/smicd.htm.