Roth IRAs and Roth TSP accounts are different types of retirement savings vehicles with different rules you need to know about.
FedLife Podcast (ep. 104): 5-Year Rules for Roth Accounts
Want to make tax-free, penalty-free withdrawals from a Roth IRA, even if you’re still working and under 59½? What if it stifles the growth of your savings? Make sure you check out this podcast! Ed and Dan discuss:
- 5-year rules for Roth IRAs
- Contribution rules for Roth IRA and TSP
- Early withdrawal penalties
- Inherited Roth IRA and the SECURE Act 2.0
- No more RMDs for Roth TSP
- What if a Roth TSP balance is transferred to a Roth IRA?
- Guidance on keeping proper records
Like and Subscribe on YouTube at YouTube.com/FedLife
“Securities offered through Raymond James Financial Services, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC. Investment advisory services offered through Raymond James Financial Services Advisors, Inc. Lee, Sipe & Associates, Inc. is not a registered broker/dealer and is independent of Raymond James. Content represents the opinions of the speaker and not necessarily those of Raymond James. Important Disclosure Information: http://raymondjames.com/smicd.htm.