In December 2022, Congress passed the SECURE Act 2.0, which might modify retirement plans like 401(k)s, IRAs, and Thrift Savings Plan (TSP).
FedLife Podcast (ep. 90): What You Need to Know About SECURE Act 2.0
In this episode, Ed Zurndorfer sheds light on the change in the age at which people must start taking money out of these plans and the expansion of qualified charitable distributions (QCD), which allows for more options for giving money to charity through retirement plans.
- The age to start taking money from your retirement plan
- Options around expanded QCDs
- 2023 timeline: When are these changes happening
- Ways these changes are impacting your retirement plan: The value of working alongside financial professionals
- What you should know about the Saver’s Match Program
- And more!
Like and Subscribe on YouTube at YouTube.com/FedLife
Check Out This Episode Next:
“Securities offered through Raymond James Financial Services, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC. Investment advisory services offered through Raymond James Financial Services Advisors, Inc. Lee, Sipe & Associates, Inc. is not a registered broker/dealer and is independent of Raymond James. Content represents the opinions of the speaker and not necessarily those of Raymond James. Important Disclosure Information: http://raymondjames.com/smicd.htm.