In this episode, Dan Sipe sits down with Ed Zurndorfer. This time they explain the federal employee health benefits for survivors, such as the spouses and children of federal employees.
FEDLIFE Podcast (Ep. 79): Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) For Survivors with Ed Zurndorfer
It’s no secret that having health benefits is crucial for the well-being of federal employees and their families.
In this episode, Dan Sipe sits down with Ed Zurndorfer. This time they explain the federal employee health benefits for survivors, such as the spouses and children of federal employees. Ed and Dan cover the topic from various perspectives, from the requirements to the circumstances where families can take advantage of the benefits.
Dan and Ed discuss:
- The requirements a family member must meet to be eligible for the Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB)
- What is the Basic Employee Death Benefit, and what does it mean for the surviving spouse
- Ways children and disabled children are supported during the process
- What happens with the benefits if you leave federal service before you’re eligible to retire
- The importance of having conversations about health benefits with your family
- And more!
Like and Subscribe on YouTube at YouTube.com/FedLife
“Securities offered through Raymond James Financial Services, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC. Investment advisory services offered through Raymond James Financial Services Advisors, Inc. Lee, Sipe & Associates, Inc. is not a registered broker/dealer and is independent of Raymond James. Content represents the opinions of the speaker and not necessarily those of Raymond James. Important Disclosure Information: http://raymondjames.com/smicd.htm.