- Ed goes over some tax savings tips when it comes to the Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB) program.
- Learn about the types of enrollment offered by the FEHB program
- How can self+1 plans be more costly than family FEHB premiums?
Check Out Our Webinar on FEHB and Medicare for Federal Employees and Retirees-
FedLife Podcast (ep. #110): Tax Benefits of Federal Employee Health Benefits
What to look for on your W2 when reviewing the tax advantages of FEHB. Learn about copayments, healthcare spending flexible spending accounts (HCFSA), types of enrollment, what family members are eligible, premium rates for self + one vs. family coverage.
Featured in this episode:
- What benefit is for employees but not federal retirees?
- Why feds should explore the opportunity offered by HCFSA
- The difference between Self only, Self+1, and Family coverage
- How actuaries impact the premium differences between types of plans
- Better off getting 2 self-only plans instead of a self+1 plan?
- Why some feds should opt out of premium conversion
- Deducting medical expenses from taxes
Like and Subscribe on YouTube at YouTube.com/FedLife
“Securities offered through Raymond James Financial Services, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC. Investment advisory services offered through Raymond James Financial Services Advisors, Inc. Lee, Sipe & Associates, Inc. is not a registered broker/dealer and is independent of Raymond James. Content represents the opinions of the speaker and not necessarily those of Raymond James. Important Disclosure Information: http://raymondjames.com/smicd.htm.